One-Pan Beef & Broccoli
Servings: 6 servings
- Cutting board
- Small bowl & whisk
- Medium bowl
- Frying pan
- 1 pound Beef Top Sirloin Beefeater Steak or Stir-fry Strip
- 1 head Broccoli
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ⅔ cup Hot water (for sauce)
- ¼ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn starch
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath it to keep the board from sliding around.
- Rinse the broccoli under cold running water then set on paper towel to drain.
- Cut the bottom end of the stem off, about ¼ inch. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the tough outer skin off the stem of the broccoli.
- Cut the stem from the broccoli florets and cut into ¼-inch pieces. Cut the florets of the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Place the broccoli in a bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the dry skin off the garlic; throw the skins away.
- Place the peeled garlic on the cutting board and chop into very small pieces.
- Place garlic in a bowl; set aside.
- To the bowl of garlic, add the hot water, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and sesame oil. Whisk to combine the ingredients. Set aside.
- Using the same cutting board, thinly slice the beef into 2-inch strips. Place the sliced beef into a bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the cutting board, knife, and your hands after touching the raw beef.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat. Check to see if the pan is hot by holding the back of your hand a few inches above the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the hot pan.
- Add the beef and cook it until it browns, turning beef over once, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cooked beef from the pan to a clean bowl. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the broccoli and cook until it softens, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the broccoli and simmer on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the pan and stir to mix everything together. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Turn off stove.
- To serve: divide beef & broccoli over 4 plates and serve immediately.
- This dish pairs well with rice or potatoes.