Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Servings: 4 servings
- Can opener
- Pot for soup
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- 4 each Cheese slices
- 8 slices Whole wheat bread
- 4 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 can Condensed tomato soup (284 ml)
- 1 ¼ cups Milk or water
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath it to keep the board from sliding around.
- Open the can of soup using a can opener and pour the soup into a small pot.
- Add the milk to the pot and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Heat the soup over medium-high heat, stirring often, until hot, about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Lay out the slices of bread side-by-side on the cutting board. Spread ½ tbsp of butter on each piece.
- Turn the bread over so that the buttered side is down and place one slice of cheese on four pieces of bread.
- Combine the sides together to make a sandwich.
- Place a medium frying pan on the stove top and turn on to medium heat.
- Place one sandwich in the hot pan and cook until the bread is toasted and browned, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip the sandwich over and cook another 1-2 minutes or until the second side of the sandwich is browned.
- Continue cooking one at a time until all four sandwiches are cooked.
- Turn off the stove top.
- Place each sandwich on the cutting board and cut in half.
- Set out 4 plates and place one hot sandwich on each plate.
- Serve with ½ cup of tomato soup per person.