Teriyaki Salmon Veggie Stir Fry
Servings: 4 servings
- Cutting board
- Medium bowl & spoon
- Microwave safe dish with lid
- Frying pan
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 8-10 oz Salmon
- 1 ⅓ cups Whole grain brown minute rice
- 1 cup Water (for rice)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ cup Water (for sauce)
- ¼ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 ½ cups Asian style vegetable mix (or any frozen mixed vegetables)
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath to keep the board from sliding around.
- Peel the dry skin off the garlic; throw the skins away.
- Place the peeled garlic on the cutting board and chop into very small pieces.
- Place garlic in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- To the same medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger powder, onion powder, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, and honey.
- Cut salmon into 1-inch cubes; add to the bowl of sauce and gently stir to coat the salmon.
- Let sit for 2 minutes and then drain the sauce into a new bowl. Save the sauce as it will be used later.
- Wash and dry the cutting board, knife, and your hands after touching the raw salmon.
- Mix the rice and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Tip: Rice can also be prepared on the stove top using the directions on the box.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Check to see if the pan is hot by holding the back of your hand a few inches above the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and add the salmon to the using tongs or a spoon.
- Cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes, turning once. Salmon will turn lighter pink in colour as it cooks.
- Turn off the pan and move the cooked salmon pieces to a clean plate. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and turn to medium-high heat.
- Add the frozen vegetable mixture and sauté the vegetables until tender.
- Add the salmon and sauce mixture back into the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes, gently stirring often, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- To serve, place ½ cup of rice on your plate and top with a scoop of the salmon & vegetable mixture.