Sheet Pan Turkey Melts
Servings: 4 Servings
- Cutting board
- Small bowl & spoon
- Baking sheet
- 1 package Sliced deli turkey (150g)
- 8 slices Whole wheat bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (or cheddar)
- 2 tsp Prepared yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp Light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath to keep it from sliding around.
- Move the oven rack to the center of the oven. Turn the oven on to broil (low or 450°F) to preheat.
- Rinse the iceberg lettuce under cold water. Dry lettuce with a salad spinner or dab it with clean paper towel.
- Place the lettuce on the cutting board and roughly chop into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
Sandwich Prep (1):
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also lightly grease the pan instead of using the parchment.
- Lay out the slices of bread side-by-side on the baking sheet.
- Spread each slice of bread with ½ tbsp of the cream cheese mixture.
Sandwich Prep (2):
- Top four pieces of bread with 3-4 slices of deli turkey each, folding each piece of turkey in half before placing on the bread.
- Top the other four pieces of bread with one slice of cheese. Wash and dry your hands.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the center rack and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and the bread is lightly toasted.
- Tip: Keep an eye on your sandwiches as the broiler cooks very quickly!
- Remove from the oven and carefully top the turkey meat with chopped lettuce.
- Combine the sides together to make a sandwich and cut in half on a cutting board.
- Serve the turkey melt sandwich with a sliced apple, side salad, or a cup of your favorite soup per person.