One-Pot Chicken Alfredo
Servings: 4 servings
- Cutting board
- 2 Medium bowls
- Large pot with lid
- Wooden spoon
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 pound Chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 carton Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Linguine dried pasta (400g)
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- ½ cup Cream cheese
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath it to keep the board from sliding around.
- Rinse the broccoli under cold running water then set on paper towel to drain.
- Cut the bottom end of the stem off, about ¼ inch. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the tough outer skin off the remaining stem of the broccoli.
- Cut the stem from the broccoli florets and cut into ¼-inch pieces. Cut the florets of the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Place the broccoli in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using the same cutting board, cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Put chopped chicken in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the cutting board, knife, and your hands after touching the raw chicken.
- Heat a large pot to medium-high heat. Check to see if the pot is hot by holding the back of your hand a few inches above the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pot.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper; stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the broth into the pot and mix well; increase heat to high and bring pot to a boil.
- Add the linguine pasta and stir. Reduce the heat to medium-high and boil, covered for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, until most broth is absorbed by the linguine.
- Stir in the broccoli, cream cheese, and lemon juice. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until cream cheese melts and coats all of the pasta.
- Remove pot from stove and stir in parmesan cheese. Turn off stove.
- To serve: Divide pasta over 4 plates or bowls and serve immediately.