Chicken Fried Rice
Servings: 4 servings
- Cutting board
- 2 Small Bowls
- Microwave safe dish with lid
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- 1 cup Whole grain brown minute rice
- 1 cup Water (for rice)
- 1 pound Chicken filets or breasts
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 each Carrots
- ¾ cup Frozen green peas
- ½ cup Frozen diced onion & pepper mix
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 each Green onions
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath it to keep the board from sliding around.
Recipe Prep (1):
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Peel carrots, cut into small pieces and place them in a medium bowl.
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Measure out the frozen vegetables and set aside.
- Thinly slice green onions, place in a small bowl. Set aside.
Recipe Prep (2):
- Roughly chop the raw chicken into bite size pieces.
- Wash and dry the cutting board, knife, and your hands after touching the raw chicken.
- Mix rice and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Remove bowl from microwave and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Tip: Rice can also be prepared on the stove top using the directions on the box.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp canola oil.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook, turning as needed, until the chicken is cooked through, lightly browned, and no longer pink inside; about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken from the pan to a clean plate.
- Using the same frying pan, add 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp canola oil.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and push the vegetables to the edge of the pan. Add the eggs to the center of the pan and stir until eggs are scrambled.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cooked chicken and rice to the pan.
- Add soy sauce, salt & pepper; mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat. To serve, scoop 1.5-2 cups of the fried rice onto each plate. Top with sliced green onions.