BBQ Chicken Pizza
Servings: 4 servings
- Cutting board
- Small bowl & spoon
- Pizza pan
- 1 large Prepared pizza crust
- ¼ cup Pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Cooked chicken
- ½ each Red pepper
- ¼ each Red onion
- 1 ¼ cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath it to keep the board from sliding around.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the pizza sauce and barbeque sauce.
- Place the red pepper, flat edges facing down, and cut the pepper into thin slices. Put pepper slices in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the red onion in half lengthwise and peel the dry skin off the onion.
- Place the flat side on the cutting board and cut the onion into thin slices.
- Using the same cutting board, roughly chop the cooked chicken into small pieces. Place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the cutting board, knife, and your hands after handling the cooked chicken.
- Place pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, spread the sauce mixture over the pizza crust, right to the edges.
- Place the peppers, onions, and chicken on top of the pizza sauce, right to the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the entire crust, right to the edges.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and hot.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting.
- You can use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the pizza into eight slices.
- To serve, gather 4 plates and place 2 slices on each.
- You can use leftover pork or turkey if you have it instead of cooked chicken for this recipe.
- Serve the pizza with a side caesar salad.