Baked Haddock, Green Beans & Smashed Potatoes
Servings: 4 servings
- Cutting board
- Small bowl & spoon
- Microwave safe dish with lid
- 2 Baking sheets
- Aluminum foil
- Small pot with lid
- 4 pieces Haddock fillets
- 1 each Lemon
- 2 cups Frozen green beans
- 1 pound Baby potatoes (4 per person)
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- 4 tbsp Butter, softened
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Wash and dry your hands. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a cutting board on the counter with a damp cloth underneath it to keep the board from sliding around.
- Line one sheet pan with foil. Lightly grease a second sheet pan with oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the lemon in half. Place the flat side on the cutting board and cut the lemons into ¼-inch slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & black pepper. Set garlic butter aside.
- Place the potatoes in a microwave safe dish. Add 2 tbsp of water.
- Cover and cook potatoes on high for 6-8 minutes, until easily pierced.
- Remove potatoes from microwave. Add oil and stir to coat potatoes.
- Pour potatoes on the greased baking sheet and flatten with a glass.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Place haddock on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Dry the top of each piece of fish by patting with a clean paper towel.
- Top each piece of fish with 1 tbsp of garlic butter and spread it out.
- Place two slices of lemon on top of the butter.
- Place the green beans in a small pot with ¼ cup of water and a pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat on to medium-high, cover pot, and steam beans for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and carefully drain water. Keep green beans covered until needed.
- When the potatoes have 10 minutes left to cook, place the fish in the oven.
- Bake fish and potatoes for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, remove fish and potatoes from the oven.
- Turn off the oven.
- Place 1 piece of haddock on each plate.
- Add 4 cooked potatoes and ½ cup of green beans per plate.
- Remove the lemon slices from the fish before eating.
- Serve hot.