Job Posting: Communications Manager and Fund Development
COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
Who we are:
The Prince Edward Island Association for Community Living (PEI ACL) is a province-wide, not-for-profit association of people with intellectual disabilities, families, and others leading the way to build a just and inclusive society. We do this by empowering and supporting individuals and families, promoting rights and values in keeping with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), and encouraging reform and collaborating with other organizations for social justice.
We are looking for a Communications Manager and Fund Developer on an ¾ time basis (30 hours per week-details to be negotiated with the Executive Director) for a 7 month term (ending March 31st, 2019) to assist PEI ACL in developing and implementing an Annual Fund Development and Communication strategy. This position will work with the Board’s Fund Development Committee and will report to the Executive Director. All work will be based on advancing the mission of PEI Association for Community Living (PEI ACL)
General Summary and Competencies:
Responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the annual fund development and communications plan with activities such as events management, individual giving, stakeholder communications, and volunteer management. Responsible for achieving the net revenue and communications goals of the Association. Must be proactive, have a high degree of initiative, and excellent follow-through. Must be highly organized, have demonstrated leadership and management capacity and have a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Strong oral and written communication skills and a high degree of computer literacy are essential.
Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing and monitoring strategies to successfully recruit and retain donors. Act as Team Lead for PEI ACLs grassroots fundraising initiative, including cultivation and maintenance of a team- staff, volunteers, community members, ‘champions’.
Working in collaboration with ED, to lead the development and coordination of funding proposals, including foundation and government proposals. Oversee the management of the donor database.
Develop briefing materials, cases for support, proposals, presentations, gift agreements, and fundraising campaign materials, among other supporting documents. Regularly analyze trends and opportunities related to increasing donors, engagement, and fundraising opportunities, identifying issues and developing and recommending improvements.
Effectively and accurately communicate and align PEI ACL’s mission, values and fundraising priorities within the interests and strategic objectives of donors, representing PEI ACL in an ethical and confidential manner. Serve as an enthusiastic and well-informed spokesperson for PEI ACL and our mission.
Communications & Relations:
- Designs, implements, manages and evaluates PEI ACL’s annual communications plan in accordance with the strategic fund development plan and annual fund development goals
- Promotes PEI ACL programs and cultivation of partnerships through the arrangement and/or implementation of community presentations (corporate and stakeholder)
- Manages, plans, implements, posts and reports on all Association direct mail, Facebook and other communication and social media tools
- Serves as a member of the PEI ACL staff team
- Ensures strong communication and collaborative relationships with PEI ACL’s staff, board, individuals and families we support and all of our stakeholders and partnering organizations.
- Participates in PEI ACL and community-based advocacy activities that are consistent with PEI ACL vision, mission and policies
- Other duties as delegated by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in related field (fund development, public relations, communications, business management) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years’ experience coordinating fundraising initiatives and working in a fundraising capacity.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills including a professional manner and good judgment. Must be an organized and motivated self-starter with demonstrated knowledge and skills in fundraising management.
- Demonstrated ability to assess current priorities, workload, and resources, and establish an action plan ensuring that immediate needs are met while longer-term strategies, plans and actions are developed.
- A passion for social justice and equality issues, including but not limited to the inclusion movement. Knowledge of NGOs and particularly the disability sector an asset. Ability to work in an inclusive manner with a diverse population, both inside and outside the organization.
- Must have current and valid Criminal Background Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry check. Must have driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter & resume to Julie Smith, Executive Director of PEI ACL firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10th, 2018.
**Please note only those being offered interviews will be contacted. Please do not call the Association for status updates on your application.
Download pdf here.