Steak and Caesar Salad
Servings: 4 people
Cost: $21.81/recipe = $5.45/person (estimated)
- 4 each 6-ounce Beef Sirloin Tip Steaks
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 package (567g) Caesar Salad Kit
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. This will be used to finish cooking your steaks in the oven.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat (7-8 on the dial). Add one tablespoon of oil to the hot pan.
- Place each steak into the pan and sear (cook) for 2 minutes. Carefully flip the steak over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Move the pan off the burner and turn it off.
- Move each steak to the foil-lined baking sheet. Top each steak with ½ tablespoon of Montreal steak spice and 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce. Use the back of a spoon to spread the spice and sauce over each steak.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook the steaks for 7-12 minutes to the desired doneness. The longer that you cook the steak, the closer it will get to being well-done (no pink left in the center of the steak). If you like a rarer steak, cook in the oven for a shorter time (center of steak will remain red-pink).
- Remove the steak from the oven and cover loosely with a piece of aluminum foil to keep it warm, 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare the caesar salad according to the package directions.